Friday, November 13, 2015

Digital Blog Post #K - Chapter 6 - Information management and storage.

Chapter 6 in our textbook was really interesting, and I can say I feel its content was somewhat familiar. In this post I am going to mention three concepts that caught my eyes: information management, cloud computing, and social bookmarking.
Information management is one of the ways I could make a difference as an educator. It will be my job to select carefully, and judge what material is relevant and safe for my students. I would pick engaging, but educational (at the same time) digital content for my students.

Cloud computing is a well known concept for smart device owners, which is a large percentage of our society now a days. Those who use iCloud in iPhone, or other apple devices, for example, understand that the iCloud carries files, and personal information such as contacts and emails using the Internet, instead the device itself. I benefit from this because while my content occupies my iCloud storage, it does not have to occupy my devices’ storage necessarily, and I can access it remotely. These same benefits educators can use to their advantage; they can access their work and share remotely. This leads us to Social bookmarking, which is another way to share through a public list with a certain community. I have not use this feature yet, but I would love to learn from other bookmakers' collection with substantial resources.


References:

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.


1 comment:

  1. Please note that you should have some experience in using social bookmarking as there was an assignment (not graded until the upcoming portfolio) where you were asked to create a Delicious account and bookmark all of the websites that you've found valuable this semester! You might want to review the modules to find that again if you haven't been using....Also, remember ti increase your reflective thoughts qith more detail and depth.

    ReplyDelete