Saturday, November 28, 2015

Digital Blog Post #L - Chapter 12 - How involved would I be with technology as an educator?

After reading Chapter 12 in our textbook, I think it is best to dedicate this post to the following concepts: Educational change, inclusion and infusion, and stages of technology integration, because I would love to use my creativity and be actively involved in the development of new programs for educators and students.
WebQuests are a great example of Educational change, where educators take charge and create new patterns of teaching creatively. WebQuest, from educators, and for educators, can have the same structure while allowing room for innovation and different tasks assigned to the students. I would find my own space to work with it, and will give my students their own space for research, reasoning, and performance. This, at the same time, will have to be done with the use of computers (inclusion of technology). I could also create a series of WebQuests to use consecutively. By employing technology day-to-day, and creating a dependency in such technology for the development of the classes, I would be applying infusion. With technological advancements moving at this pace, I can see sceneries like this in my ideal classroom. I would then fall in the Appropriation Stage of Technology Integration,feeling confident with technology use. Further on, in the next step, Invention, I would employ technology outside of my classroom, as supporting material for my students and homework to start. I would love to be part of the creation of new paths and softwares dedicated to education; this is another way to make a difference.


Image created in Storybird.com by drosabal (myself)

References:

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. :) Nice job on demonstrating what you learned from the last textbook chapter information...in both your text and your digital tool creation. You have developed some foundational points to build upon as you think about integrating technology into your own future classroom.

    ReplyDelete