Thursday, November 5, 2015

Digital Blog Post #J - Chapter 11 - Assessments and Teacher Portafolio.

Today I am going to go over the following three concepts: role of assessments in teaching and learning, student participation, and elements of Teacher Portfolio.
Assessments are not only for students. I have learned from our textbook, and work experience, that teachers are evaluated by supervisors, the same way the educator evaluates the students’ work. Assessments help us target strengths, and what needs to be reinforced. Self-assessment is important as well, but sometimes one needs another person to assess our performance; perhaps, someone more knowledgeable and/or experienced.

Classroom response or student participation not only shows students engagement in class, but I find it to be another way to assess students. In my personal experience, I am prone to participate in class when I understand the subject, and I am paying attention.


YouTube video created on powtoon.com by “rosabalmail” (myself).

What would I include in my Teacher Portfolio
A good Resume, references, Philosophy of Education explaining what I personally stand for, Lesson Plans, and all experience and qualification I have at the time. I would keep updating my portfolio as I grow professionally. 

References:
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. I like your Powtoon! :) You will have a chance to create a partial digital portfolio for your last assignment in this class, Teacher Webpage/ePortfolio. The ingredients for a portfolio can vary on its purpose, but an important component is the reflection. So to some degree, these blog post assignments have been practice for that as well.

    ReplyDelete